Tips on how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks
Wondering how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks? Well, it might not be the best way to lose weight but it definitely can be a great start. Sometimes quick weight loss is necessary and even if it is not the healthiest way to lose weight, it can be a kick start for your journey to more weight loss. The need to know how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks might be triggered by your desire to fit in a favorite outfit or to impress an old friend who knew you when you were 10 pounds lighter. But by the time you are done with the 2 weeks, you will learn a few things about your body and how it responds to weight loss. Once you have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks, you can resort to healthier and natural ways to lose weight further so that these 2 weeks of hard work do not go for a waste.
So let us understand how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks without causing your body any harm. Keep the process natural and staying motivated is the key to losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks.
The basics of how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks:
- Before you start your diet, you need to detoxify the body and prepare it for the weight loss process. For a whole day, stick to just liquids with no added sugars. Water is wonderful. Also have green tea sweetened with honey or fresh fruit juices. You can try a fresh drink made with warm water mixed with lemon juice and honey. These will detoxify your body and flush out all toxins. Stay away from all alcohol. It is already not very easy to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks but if you have even 1 drink, you will make the process much slower because the liver stops processing stored fats and starts to process alcohol as soon as you drink it.
- Many people sit and wonder how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks without sacrificing the good things in life. That is not possible at all! To lose weight so fats, it is a good idea to stay away from most carbohydrates, especially simple carbs. If you must have carbs, eat only complex carbs. Simple carbohydrates are carbs that burn fast and release sugars instantly. These include all white breads, white pasta and refined flour. Complex carbohydrate takes much longer to burn, keeping you full for longer and releasing a steady stream of sugar in to the body. Potatoes and whole grains are complex carbs. Add these to your diet but in small portions.
- If you really want to know how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks, you have to give up all those sugary drinks you love. Yes, that includes sweet coffee and tea and all the sodas. Even diet soda is not such a great option. Sodas can cause water retention that make your body bloat and add to your weight. If you want to know the secret to how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks, stick to water. Chilled water is your best friend. The body needs to burn extra calories to reduce the temperature of the water before absorbing it so that’s a huge plus point!
- Add as many fruits and vegetables as you can. Salads are a great way to do that. Also, you can snack on apples and oranges as well as carrots and cucumbers. Your daily intake of food must be broken in to 6 or more smaller meals. Make sure each meal has fruits and vegetables. You can add grilled fish, chicken, beans, legumes and other low fat dairy products to make them more interesting.
A few tips on how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks:
Now that we know the basics of how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks, let us understand a few smaller details. Just like there are many things you can do to aid your weight loss process, there are many mistakes you can make unknowingly which can seriously hinder positive results. So when trying to find out how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks, keep these simple tips in mind.
- While eating salads is a great way to incorporate vegetables and fruits in your diet, dressings can add unnecessary calories to your meal. There really is no point in having a salad if you are going to pour a bottle of Caesar salad dressing over it! The only dressing allowed should have extra virgin olive oil, balsamic or red wine vinegar, honey, salt & pepper and mixed herbs.
- Go easy on salt if you really want to know the secret of how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Salt also causes water retention and bloating. To lose weight fast, try to season your food with pepper, mustard and parsley instead. They all work very well against water retention.
- Buy smaller plates. While this is not something that will only help you lose weight in 2 weeks, but also help you later. A smaller plate will help you practice portion control effectively
- If you have avoided breakfast all your life, it is time to start now. If you are serious about learning how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks, then you must know that your body needs breakfast to jump start the metabolism. Don’t have fruit juice with your breakfast. Instead have a fresh fruit. Also, don’t eat anything post 7pm.
- Light exercises are a must. Jogging/running/cycling/swimming all works excellently. Add weight training 3 times a week to see faster results.
More than anything else, you need to stay motivated at all times. The trick to learn how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks starts with believing in yourself and finding inner peace. Get sufficient rest and keep your body hydrated. Your life can change once you put these simple tips on how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks in to practice.