Wondering how to lose 10 pounds in a week so that you can fit that gorgeous dress for the upcoming wedding? Many a times an upcoming occasion like a prom, a wedding or even an important office party where you need to look your best can send women in a phase of panic attacks! You want to wear the perfect dress that makes you look gorgeous but you have gained a little weight since you bought it. So what can you do? Of course, you can head out and enjoy shopping for a new dress that fits the bill. Or you can try simple tips to lose 10 pounds in a week and fit that gorgeous dress. While the former option might seem easier, the latter is going to make you feel better as well as look better on that special day. Losing weight is the best way to attract “good” attention in a crowd and it really is not as difficult as you would imagine. All it requires to lose 10 pounds in 1 week is determination, discipline and the perfect plan! This is because trying to lose 10 pounds in 1 week can have bad side effects if not done the right way. Your skin can look haggard, your hair can look limp and your face can look like it aged within a week if you follow some silly crash diet.
Image Source : http://womandeal.com/woman/lose-weight/how-lose-weight-12-lose-weight-tips-that-will-help-you-eat-and-lose-weight/
How to lose 10 pounds in a week – a few lifestyle changes
The first thing to understand here is that losing so much weight so fast is not a healthy method. Do not try and lose 10 pounds in 1 week until and unless you absolutely must. There are healthier ways to lose weight, with a balanced diet and regular exercise and those tend to keep the weight off for longer because you tend to shed the weight more naturally. However, sometimes you have no prior warnings and must lose 10 pounds in a week without having an option. So this is what you have to do to lose 10 pounds in a week with no side effects.
- To lose 10 pounds in a week, you will have to reduce or completely stop your carbohydrate intake. Carbohydrates have the maximum calories and while having a balanced meal with some carbs everyday is a healthy habit, to lose 10 pounds in a week you will have to lose the habit. Instead stick to lean meats, vegetables and fruits.
- What most experts don’t tell you about how to lose 10 pounds in a week is that getting sufficient rest is an integral part of your weight loss process. Since you are trying to push your body in to losing more weight that it normally would, you need between 8 to 10 hours of sleep. The more rested you feel, the faster your weight loss process.
- When you wake up in the morning, drink 2 glasses of chilled water and get out for a brisk 15 minute walk. You don’t want to overdo the exercise because you don’t want to be too tired. All you want to do is jump start your metabolism first thing in the morning. Avoid coffee as it causes bloating and water retention. Have green tea and natural juices if your body needs something more substantial.
- Sip chilled water throughout the day for the whole week. Cold water makes you burn calories faster! The body needs to use up calories in order to warm up the water before using it up. So go ahead and drink as cold water as you can tolerate.
How to lose 10 pounds in 1 week – a few diet changes
- If really want to lose 10 pounds in 1 week, you have to eat 6 or more smaller meals. There really is no other way to keep your metabolism revved up throughout the day. Choose a medium sized plate and aim to fill that up every 4 hours and eat it all up. While you can stick to the rule of 3 full meals and 3 snacks, it is better to choose only natural foods. Anything processed is not going to help you lose 10 pounds in a week.
- For your meals, fill half your plate with steamed veggies tossed in extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled with fresh herbs. A quarter of the plate must be some form of lean protein. This can either be a piece of grilled fish or grilled chicken or even beans and legumes. Beans and legumes are wonderful because not only are they an excellent source of protein but they also are contain a lot of fiber which is excellent for you to lose 10 pounds in a week. The last quarter of your plate should be fresh fruit.
- For snacking, choose to have yogurt, nuts, vegetables like carrots and cucumbers or fruits like apples and pears. Stay away from chips and dips of any kind. Even diet chips are not going to help you lose 10 pounds in a week.
- If you really want to lose 10 pounds in 1 week, forget about your 1 hour of cardio workout. All you need is 20 to 40 minutes of intense workout with bursts of resistance training. So do a light running or jogging for 15 minutes and then 15 reps of weight training. Repeat the process. You’ll find your body has tired much more and the sudden fluctuation in exercises will increase your metabolism
- If you are looking for ways on how to lose 10 pounds in a week for kids, the process can be slightly tougher. Children need a more balanced diet at all times for optimum growth. It is a better idea to cut out all junk food from the diet and ensure your kids play a sport every day.
Losing 10 pounds in a week is by no way a healthy method to lose weight. But sometimes it becomes necessary to lose that much weight so fats and these methods ensure you can lose the weight in a safe manner. And now that you know how to lose 10 pounds in a week without any side effects, go ahead and try it out.
- how to lose 10 pounds in a week
- lose 10 pounds in a week